It has been a long week, even though it seems like it's just starting. I've had some very exhausting days, so today I'm taking the day off away from the computer and work and other demands to enjoy a little Oregon summer before it passes by.
Here are some lovely things I'm thankful for this week:
- Drawing custom versions of this card. It makes me so happy knowing I'm a part of someone's special day!
- Avett Brothers concert! It's like a little slice of North Carolina here in Oregon. :) Also, it's fun to people-watch. We made a game of counting the number of maxi dresses, epic beards, cowboy boots, and tie-dyed outfits in the concert crowd. It was a lot.
- Tanner making me a delicious chocolate-strawberry-banana smoothie when I came home crying from work one evening. And then spent the rest of the night making little jokes to make me smile. I love him.
- Reading my Kindle. I've been devouring books lately. I'll share some of my favorites soon!
- All your lovely comments on my blog posts. They make my day, really! I promise I read each and every one, even if I don't get a chance to respond to them all.
- Watching "Julie & Julia" with Tanner. Both of us giggle like little girls during chick flicks, and one of us is a weeper (hint: it's not me). Also, Meryl Streep is amazing. She also reminds me very much of my mother, and I think it every time I see her on screen. Remarkable.
- The entry date for the Christmas craft fair in Portland is only a week away... I really want to submit my shop, but I'm so nervous about getting accepted/getting my act together before Christmas!
- Episodes of Top Gear. Yes, I'm the awesome girlfriend who introduced my boyfriend to the world of hilarious British car shows, and damn if they don't leave us in tears we laugh so hard.
- A working freezer. After a year of eating soggy ice cream (I just assumed since all of Oregon doesn't have A/C, that apparently no one has a working freezer, either?) we finally called the apartment and they brought us a brand new one the next day. I've never been so happy to have so much trouble scooping rock-solid ice cream.
- New curtains from IKEA.
Tanner and I spent a small fortune on home accessories at IKEA last week, and he did an amazing job installing some new, breezy curtains in the living room. I love sheer curtains because they look beautiful while still letting in the natural light. The difference to the room is astonishing. It feels so much cozier.
P.S.- ignore the clutter creeping into the photo, and the obvious bland-ness of apartment living. Gotta work with what we're given. Focus on the curtains, people. ;)
Here's a tip about curtains, just in case you didn't know: always hang them higher and wider than your window. It will give your room height and openness. A tiny window looks practically cathedral-like with the right curtains.
What little things are you thankful for?